Welcome to Happiness India Project! Since we keep getting emails about writers wishing to contribute to our site, we thought we should write this article about guest posting guidelines.
We accept high-quality contributions from writers and authors. Remember, content is the king.
If you’re interested in contributing to Happiness India Project©, our guest posting guidelines are below. Please read them carefully.
Guest Posting Guidelines
In short, we accept articles that are well written, well researched, and original. Our niche (core topics), around which we construct our posts, are: Psychology, Neuroscience, Positive Psychology and Happiness, and Mind Hacks such as Productivity.
- Send us a pitch for your post around our core topics (see above) suggesting 3 or more titles with 1-2 lines’ synopsis each. We love original ideas. Tell us what new ideas you’re thinking.
- Send us links to a few articles you wrote elsewhere, so we can form an opinion about the quality of your work.
- Keep your post around 1000 words or longer, excluding your bio. We publish long-form articles.
- Be original — don’t reach us with a published work. Make sure your article hasn’t been published elsewhere. We only accept unpublished, original posts.
- Be unique — don’t send us any plagiarized work. Be authentic. Don’t try us with plagiarized or spinned articles. We always check them on Copyscape which will point out any duplicate or similar articles. We expect you to add to our reputation for publishing high-quality articles.
- Great English. Don’t push us articles with spelling errors or poor language. Write in blog style, with short paragraphs (3-5 sentences per paragraph). Keep a conversational tone. Let first-person references be at minimum. Don’t be boring. Push yourself to tell us something new. Blog readers tend to expect articles that can be easily skimmed, so find out what does skimmable content look like?
- No promotional links may be included anywhere in the article itself. This means links to the products or services you sell, your company’s or your client’s site, or your affiliate or referral links.
- Please include links that will be helpful and relevant for the reader. Provide links to the facts and studies you’re quoting in your work. We expect high quality resources to draw your information from (for example, scientific papers and news sites are great).
- Your short bio of 2-4 sentences could include 3 links (1 to your website and 2 to your social media accounts, as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- We reserve the right to edit submissions for content, clarity, length and audience. We own rights to all content once they are published, but we encourage you to summarize and link to the post on your blog and social media accounts.
To submit your proposal, email us with “HIP Pitch” as subject line to:
HappinessProjectIndia [at] gmail.com
contact [at] HappyProject.in
We will contact you within two weeks if we like it, and ask you for a full draft at that time.
Once we publish your article, we work hard to share it far and wide. Your contribution post on our social networks can reach up to 30k people and fetch around 300 shares. Not bad exposure, right?
So, we expect the same from you — take an enthusiastic interest to spread it through your online and offline networks. It helps increase the visibility for you as well as us. We just love it when you share the link to your article with others wherever you hang out.
We also promote your posts in our newsletters too, though occasionally, which goes out to thousands of Happy Tribers.
By the way, we’re the #1 Happiness Science Blog of India, and the creator of the world’s most popular Positive Psychology Quotes post on the internet.
Looking forward to read your awesome pitch!
Founder & CE » Happiness India Project
Find me on » LinkedIn