Welcome to The Happiness Blog by Happiness India Project!
For authors who wish to write for us, please read this article about our latest guest post guidelines/rules. We reserve the right to change any of the rules without notice to any author.
We’re picky. We accept only high-quality contributions from authors. Even if a guest post is of outstanding quality, we are under no compulsion to publish it. The content needs to be unique and detailed.
Remember, content is the king. And great content is the emperor.
If you’re interested in writing for Happiness India Project©, our guest post guidelines/rules are below. Please read and follow them carefully.
Our core topics are:
- Positive Psychology and Mental Health
- Psychology-related self-help
- Life Hacks and Productivity Hacks
- Science and Philosophy of Happiness
Guest Post Guidelines/Rules
We give out only no-follow links to authors’ personal or promotional websites. We do not link out to illegal or immoral or spammy sites. We have stopped accepting posts with links to essay-writing sites. Read points 7, 8, and 9 regarding our rules about links.
- Send us an email with the subject “HIP Pitch: (by Your Name)” for your guest post around our core topics suggesting 3 or more titles with 1-2 lines’ synopsis each. We love original ideas. Tell us what new ideas you are thinking.
- Send us links to some articles you wrote elsewhere, so we can form an opinion about the quality of your work.
- 1500 – 2000 words: Keep your post around 1500 to 2000 words, no less, but it could be more. It excludes your bio. Thanks in advance for the hard work you are going to put in.
- Original: Don’t reach us with your already published work. Make sure your article has not appeared elsewhere. We only accept unpublished original posts.
- Unique: Don’t send us plagiarized or rewritten work. Be authentic. Don’t try us with your cleverly plagiarized or rewritten articles. We always check on Quetext and Google search to find any duplicate or similar articles.
- Good English: Don’t push us articles with spelling errors or poor language/grammar. Write in brief paragraphs (3-5 sentences per paragraph). Keep a not-too-formal tone. Keep first-person references (as I, me, my, mine) at a minimum. Don’t be boring. Push yourself to tell us something new. And most online readers expect easily skimmable articles, so find out what do they look like?
- Source Links: Provide 2-3 links to studies/facts/other authoritative source sites you’re quoting or drawing conclusions from in your work. We expect high-quality resources to draw your information from (for example, scientific papers and news sites are great). Make sure the links are helpful and relevant for the reader.
- Don’t include links to your personal/promotional website anywhere within the article’s body. Promotional links mean links to the products or services you sell, your company’s or your client’s site, or your affiliate or referral links. Once submitted, we reserve the right to remove/add/edit any/all links appearing in your article.
- Outgoing Links/Backlinks: Your short bio of 2-3 sentences could include 1 to 2 outgoing links (backlinks). With two backlinks, one could be to your website and another to your personal social media (Twitter/LinkedIn). Take note, we give out only no-follow links to your personal/promotional website. Also note, we do not link out to illegal or immoral, or spammy sites.
- We reserve the right to modify/edit submissions for content, clarity, length, and audience. We own exclusive rights to all content once we publish them on our site. Once it is on our site, you cannot publish the same piece of content on your own site or other sites. However, if a guest author wants to link to their guest post from their own site, that is acceptable. You may also summarize and post it on your social media accounts, clearly mentioning the link to the original article on our site.
In short, we welcome well-written, well-researched, long-form, original articles. We expect you to add to our reputation for posting high-quality articles.
Since the year 2021, we no more accept posts linking to essay-writing sites.
We will contact you within two weeks if we like it and ask you for a full draft.
Once we publish your article, we work hard to share it far and wide. Your contribution post on our social networks can reach up to 50k people and fetch around 300 shares. Not a bad exposure, right?
So, we expect the same from you — take an enthusiastic interest to spread it through your online and offline networks. It helps increase the visibility for you as well as us. We simply love it when you share the link to your article with others wherever you hang out.
We also promote your posts in our newsletters, though occasionally, which goes out to thousands of Happy Tribers.
- Here is one of our popular posts: 3 Effective Goal-Setting Techniques. Do check it out to get a fair idea about the quality of our posts.
Looking forward to read your awesome pitch!