Welcome to Happiness India Project! Since we keep getting emails about writers wishing to contribute to our site, we thought we should write this article about guest post guidelines.
We accept high-quality contributions from writers/authors. Remember, content is the king. And great content is the emperor.
If you’re interested in writing for Happiness India Project©, our guest post guidelines are below. Please read them carefully.
Guest Post Guidelines
Our core topics are:
- Mental Health
- Positive Psychology
- Life Hacks
- Productivity Hacks
- Send us a pitch (email us with “HIP Pitch“) for your post around our core topics suggesting 3 or more titles with 1-2 lines’ synopsis each. We love original ideas. Tell us what new ideas you’re thinking.
- Send us links to a few articles you wrote elsewhere, so we can form an opinion about the quality of your work.
- 1500 – 2000 words: Keep your post around 1500 to 2000 words, no less. It excludes your bio. We publish long-form articles.
- Original: Don’t reach us with previously published work. Make sure your article hasn’t been published elsewhere. We only accept unpublished, original posts.
- Unique: Don’t send us plagiarized or rewritten work. Be authentic. Don’t try us with your cleverly plagiarized or rewritten articles. We always check on Quetext and Google search to find any duplicate or similar articles. We expect you to add to our reputation for posting high-quality articles.
- Great English: Don’t push us articles with spelling errors or poor language. Write in short paragraphs (3-5 sentences per paragraph). Keep a conversational tone. Keep first-person references (as I, me, my, mine) at minimum. Don’t be boring. Push yourself to tell us something new. Online readers tend to expect articles that can be easily skimmed, so find out what does it look like?
- Links: Provide links to studies/facts you’re quoting or drawing your conclusions from in your work. We expect high quality resources to draw your information from (for example, scientific papers and news sites are great). Make sure the links are helpful and relevant for the reader.
- No promotional links may be included anywhere in the article body itself. This means links to the products or services you sell, your company’s or your client’s site, or your affiliate or referral links.
- Your short bio of 2-4 sentences could include up to 2 links (1 to your website and 1 to your social media, as Twitter, LinkedIn).
- We reserve the right to edit submissions for content, clarity, length and audience. We own rights to all content once they are published, but we encourage you to summarize and link to the post on your blog and social media accounts.
In short, we welcome well-written, well-researched, long-form, and original articles.
Email us with “HIP Pitch” as subject line to:
contact [at] happyproject.in
HappinessIndia [at] zohomail.in
We will contact you within two weeks if we like it, and ask you for a full draft.
Once we publish your article, we work hard to share it far and wide. Your contribution post on our social networks can reach up to 50k people and fetch around 300 shares. Not a bad exposure, right?
So, we expect the same from you — take an enthusiastic interest to spread it through your online and offline networks. It helps increase the visibility for you as well as us. We just love it when you share the link to your article with others wherever you hang out.
We also promote your posts in our newsletters too, though occasionally, which goes out to thousands of Happy Tribers.
By the way, we’re the creator of the world’s most popular Positive Psychology Quotes post on the internet. Just Google the phrase “positive psychology quotes” to find out.
Looking forward to read your awesome pitch!
Founder & CE » Happiness India Project
Find me on » LinkedIn