Welcome to The Happiness Blog by Happiness India Project©!
Our core topics are: • Positive Psychology, Psychology, and Mental Health, • Happiness Psychology and Philosophy (especially Stoicism), • Psychology-based self-help, life hacks, and productivity hacks
We own exclusive rights to all content once we publish it on our site. Don’t proceed if you don’t agree.
✶ We give out only no-follow links to authors’ websites.
✶ We don’t link to illegal, adult, lottery, casino, or spammy sites.
✶ We no more accept posts with backlinks to essay-writing sites.
✶ We accept articles in plain text (.txt) and format them for our site.
Content is the king, and quality content is the emperor. We expect only high-quality content. We’re picky. Even if a guest post is of outstanding quality, we are under no compulsion to publish it. Please read and follow the guidelines/rules below if you wish to write for us:
- Email us with the subject “Guest-Post Pitch: by (Your Name)” suggesting your article around our core topics with 3 titles with 1-2 lines’ synopsis each. We love original ideas, so tell us what new ideas you are thinking of.
- Let us know about some articles you wrote elsewhere to form an opinion about the quality of your work.
- 1500 – 1800 words: We go heavy on editing, so keep your post above 1500 words, no less, but it could be more. This excludes your bio. Thanks in advance for the hard work you’re going to put in.
- Original: Don’t reach us with your already published work. Make sure your article has not appeared elsewhere. We only accept unpublished original posts.
- Unique: Don’t send us plagiarized or rewritten work. Be authentic. Don’t try us with your cleverly plagiarized, spun or rewritten articles. We always check on Quetext and Google search to find any duplicate or similar articles.
- Good English: Don’t push us articles with spelling errors or poor language/grammar. Write in brief paragraphs (3-4 sentences per paragraph). Keep a not-too-formal tone. Keep first-person references at a minimum (do not use unless rarely: I/me/my/mine). Don’t be boring. Push yourself to tell us something new. Note that most online/screen readers expect easily skimmable articles, so write your subheadings well.
- Source Links: Provide 2-3 links to studies/facts/authoritative sources you’re quoting or drawing conclusions from in your work. We expect high-quality resources to draw your information from (for example, scientific papers and news sites are great). Make sure the links are helpful and relevant.
- We accept articles only in plain text (.txt) format. List your research references below your article.
- Outgoing Links/Backlinks: Don’t include links to your personal/promotional website anywhere within the article’s body. Promotional links refer to links to the products or services you sell, your company’s or your client’s site, or your affiliate or referral links. Once submitted, we reserve the right to remove/add/edit any/all links appearing in your article.
- Your/Author’s Bio: Your short bio of 2-3 sentences could include 1 to 2 outgoing links (backlinks): one to your personal website (or a publication platform like Medium), and another to your personal social media (Twitter/LinkedIn). Take note, we only give out no-follow links to your personal/promotional website. Also note that we do not link out to illegal, immoral, or spammy sites.
- We own exclusive rights to all content once we publish them on our site. We reserve the right to modify/edit submissions for content, clarity, length, ethos, and audience. Once your article is on our site, you cannot publish the same piece of content on your own site or other sites. However, if an author wants to link to their guest post from their own site, that is acceptable. You may summarize the post and share it on your social media accounts, clearly mentioning the link to the original article on our site.
- Since January 2021, we no more accept posts linking back to essay-writing sites.
In short, we welcome well-written, well-researched, long-form, original articles. We expect you to add to our reputation for posting high-quality articles.
We will contact you within two weeks if we like it and ask you for a full draft.
Once we publish your article, we will work hard to share it far and wide. Your contribution post on our social networks can reach ~25k people and fetch ~100 shares. Not a bad exposure, right?
So, we expect the same from you—take an enthusiastic interest to spread it through your online and offline networks. This will help increase visibility for you as well as us. We simply love it when you share the link to your article wherever you hang out with your friends.
We also occasionally promote your posts in our newsletters, which goes out to hundreds of Happy Tribers.
Here’s one of our topmost popular posts: 3 Effective Goal-Setting Techniques. Check it out to get a fair idea of the quality of our posts.
Looking forward to reading your awesome pitch!
[We reserve the right to change the rules above without notice to any author. They will be categorically binding on all of our contributors.]
Find me on » Twitter.
• Our story: Happiness India