Self-love is appreciating the goodness and the humanness in yourself. It’s being gentle in accepting your flaws and fragility. Never forget how beautiful, honest, and unique you are!
50 Self-Love Quotes For Girls
Feel Strong, Prized, And Precious Like A Million Bucks!
So, girls and women (and others too!), if you need some inspiration to be in love with yourself one more time, the quotes here will take you there!
Here are 50 self-love quotes to empower the indomitable spirit in you:
1. Loving yourself makes it easier to love others. You can’t truly love another until you know how to love yourself. – Anon
2. You were born with a right to be happy. Self-love is respecting and practicing that right for your happiness and wellbeing. – Anon
3. Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept. – Anna Taylor
4. Those who love themselves know to set limits and say no to activities and relationships that drain them physically, emotionally and spiritually. – Anon
5. Self love is not selfish love. You can love yourself while also loving others. It’s not a zero-sum game. – Anon
6. To love yourself fully, you have to forgive yourself first. Once you make peace with your past, you’ll find a more lovable self in the present. – Anon
7. Loving yourself is like being a great friend to yourself. Always remember you are that one friend who will never leave you – so why not be your own BFF (best friend forever)? – Anon
8. To love yourself more, you need to set yourself free from any conditions. True self-love is unconditional. – Anon
9. No other love no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love. – Edmond Mbiaka
10. Self-love means not settling for less than you deserve. Compassion, kindness, happiness – you deserve a lot more of these for yourself than for others. – Anon
11. Self-love is rising above the perfectionist standards you have set for yourselves. It is accepting you are human and make mistakes just like any other. So start being real, and drop being perfect. – Sandy Roy
12. When you compare yourself to others, you actually suffocate your ability to love yourself. – Anon
13. Self-love is respecting and practicing your right to be happy. It’ also giving yourself a smile and a hand each time you fall down. – H.I.P.
14. To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness. – Robert Morley
15. Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. – Louise L. Hay
16. You can’t find a chance of loving yourself if you’re always criticizing yourself. Self criticism and self love can’t live in the same house. – Anon
17. To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections. – Sandra Bierig
18. Self love is getting ready and looking good just for yourself, even when you know there’s no one to see you in person. – Anon
19. Self love is calling yourself by name and saying, “Hey lovely lady, I love you for who you are, exactly as you are!” – Anon
20. People who love themselves always know exactly what they want for themselves. – Anon
21. If you have the ability to love, love yourself first. – Charles Bukowski
22. Self-love is investing time and resources to educate and grow yourself. Give yourself the gift of knowledge. – Anon
23. You know you’re in self-love when see your reflection and it makes you smile. Why don’t you do that more often? – Anon
24. When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier. – Diane Von Furstenberg
25. Self-love begins when we observe our actions and words with compassion as if we were our own best friend. — Sara M Bosworth
26. Often we are reluctant to promote self-love mostly because we confuse it with selfishness. Since we are humans, we ought to have a healthy love for ourselves; it is from this fount that love flows out to others. — Mason Olds
27. You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
28. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. – Oscar Wilde
29. I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do. – Brené Brown
30. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. – Lucille Ball
31. To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. – Alan Cohen
32. You don’t need to love everything about yourself to have self-love; loving yourself is first about accepting yourself completely. – Anon
33. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first. – Norm Kelly
34. If you’re searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror. – Anon
35. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Anon
36. Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like your love yourself. Love yourself. – Tara Stiles
37. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here. – Venus Williams, the only tennis player to have won a medal at four Olympic Games.
38. A girl should be two things: who and what she wants. – Coco Chanel
39. Never dull your shine for somebody else. – Tyra Banks
40. Choose, everyday to forgive yourself. You are human, flawed, and most of all worthy of love. – Alison Malee
41. You carry so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself. – r.z.
42. Be yourself. No one can say you’re doing it wrong. – Charles M. Schulz
43. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. – Bernard M. Baruch
44. Life … puts you in touch with people you need to meet — to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you, and to gradually strengthen you into the person you were meant to become. – Robert Tew
45. How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you. – Rupi Kaur
46. About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all. – Rita Mae Brown
48. Who will you love if not yourself? … You will not love anyone or anything until those eyes in the mirror soften up and embrace the beauty that is already within. – Vironika Tugaleva
49. So plant your own gardens and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. – Jorge Luis Borges
50. I have so much love in my heart to give; I have to remember to save some for myself. – Ericka Leigh
A Few Words On Self-Love
Self-love means understanding and forgiving yourself, with deep love and empathy, just as you would do with the most loved people in your life. But what we do in real life is altogether different.
We’re quick to criticize ourselves for our slip-ups, perhaps rather too often than we should. But we forget that we’re humans. And humans make mistakes.
Whenever the result of an attempt falls below our expectations, we’re quick to judge ourselves negatively. Instead, we could appreciate our efforts and give ourselves some love.
At other times in our lives, self-doubt fills us in place of self-esteem. Then it becomes hard to love ourselves for who we are, just as we are. What we need at such times is self-love.
Self-love is the enduring belief written in your heart that your missteps and mistakes do not ever make you any less worthy of feeling valued or loved.
Self-love and narcissism are not the same thing. Narcissism is toxic to the self and others, but self-love brings one happiness and satisfaction in life.
Loving yourself doesn’t mean you’re selfish. It rather means you have a healthy and joyful relationship with yourself. It rather means you can love yourself as much as your best friend.
With enough self-love, you pursue your goals with verve and grit, while never punishing yourself if you were to fail.
In these times of pandemic and quarantine, self-love is no more a luxury – rather, it’s a necessity. In such challenging times, you’re first of all your own person before everyone else’s. If you fall out of favor with yourself, then all those who depend on you will suffer along with you.
At this point, when you connect to the rest of your world through screens, it’s more crucial that you connect to yourself with deep love. Then you can keep growing your resilience muscle.
With a healthy amount of self-love, you can treat yourself with the same amount of care and respect as you do with your loved ones. Self-love will help you wake up happier in the mornings and make your relationships more fulfilling.
And never put yourself down to prioritize others’ needs. Keep in mind what Janis Joplin, widely known as the first lady of rock ‘n’ roll, said:
Don’t compromise yourself. You’re all you’ve got.
Remember: You never need to feel guilty about loving yourself.
Video: Own These Self-Love Quotes Now!
Finally, understand that the reason to love ourselves is this:
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.— Ralph Waldo Emerson
So today, fall in love with yourself all over again!
• • •
Author Bio: Sandip Roy is psychology writer, happiness researcher, and medical doctor. Founder of Happiness India Project, and chief editor of its blog. He writes popular-science articles on positive psychology and related topics.
√ If you enjoyed this, please share it on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn.
This post may contain affiliate links. Disclosure.