In these times of quarantine, self-love is isn’t a luxury – rather, it’s a necessity. In these challenging times, you’re your own person more than ever.
Now that you’re tied to the rest of the world only through your screens, to keep growing is more about connecting to your self with love.
Don’t be afraid to love yourself.
Self Love Quotes And Statuses To Inspire You
1. You were born with a right to be happy. Self love is respecting and practicing that right for your happiness and wellbeing.
2. Self love isn’t selfish love. You can love yourself while also loving others. It’s not a zero-sum game.
3. Those who love themselves know to set limits and say no to activities and relationships that drain them physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept. – Anna Taylor
4. To love yourself fully, you have to forgive yourself first. Once you make peace with your past, you’ll find a more lovable self in the present.
5. Loving yourself is like being a great friend to yourself. Always remember you are that one friend who will never leave you – so why not be your own BFF (best friend forever)?
6. To love yourself more, you need to set yourself free from any conditions. True self-love is unconditional.
No other love no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love. – Edmond Mbiaka
7. Self-love means not settling for less than you deserve. Compassion, kindness, happiness – you deserve a lot more of these for yourself than for others.
8. Self love is rising above the perfectionist standards you have set for yourselves. It is accepting you are human and make mistakes just like any other. So start being real, and drop being perfect.
9. When you compare yourself to others, you actually kill your ability to love yourself.
To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness. – Robert Morley
10. Self love is giving yourself an encouraging smile and a helping hand every time you fall down.
11. You can’t find a chance of loving yourself if you’re always criticizing yourself. Self criticism and self love can’t live in the same house.
12. You don’t need to love everything about yourself to have self-love; loving yourself is first about accepting yourself completely. It’s not easy to love things about yourself that you don’t like. There are two ways to go about them – change them or accept them.
To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections. – Sandra Bierig
13. Self love is getting ready and looking good just for yourself, even when you know there’s no one to see you in person.
14. Self love is calling yourself by name and saying, “Hey dude, I love you for who you are, just as you are!”
15. People who love themselves know exactly who they are, and what they want for themselves.
If you have the ability to love, love yourself first. – Charles Bukowski
16. Self love is investing time and resources to educate and grow yourself. Give yourself the gift of knowledge.
17. You know you’re in self-love when see your reflection and it makes you smile. Why don’t you do that more often?
18. Self-love begins when we observe our actions and words with compassion as if we were our own best friend.
— Sara M Bosworth
19. Often we are reluctant to promote self-love mostly because we confuse it with selfishness. Since we are humans, we ought to have a healthy love for ourselves; it is from this fount that love flows out to others. — Mason Olds
20. You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
21. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. – Oscar Wilde
22. Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do. – Brené Brown
23. To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. – Alan Cohen
Self-love, the psychologists say, is appreciating the goodness and the humanness in yourself. It’s being accepting of your flaws and fragility. It’s the belief written indelibly in your mind that your missteps and mistakes do not make you any less worthy of joy or love.
And finally, self-love is promising yourself happier and cozier days to come.
Did you know people with a positive mindset have these 6 traits: MOGRAH: 1. Mindfulness 2. Optimism 3. Gratitude 4. Resilience 5. Acceptance 6. Honesty? Learn what most of your friends wouldn’t know about building an A+ Positive Mindset.
• • •
Author Bio: Sandip Roy is psychology writer, happiness researcher, and medical doctor. Founder of Happiness India Project, and chief editor of its blog. He writes popular-science articles on positive psychology and related topics.
√ If you enjoyed this, please share it on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn.
This post may contain affiliate links. Disclosure.