About Me: Dr. Sandip Roy
Hi, I’m Dr. Sandip Roy, a board-certified medical doctor (general physician) from the National Medical Commission. Also a psychology blogger, happiness-science speaker, and the founder and chief editor of the Positive Psychology Blog from India, The Happiness Blog.
The Happiness Blog by Happiness India Project is currently ranked 18th among the 90 Best Happiness Blogs And Websites in the world. As the blog’s Chief Editor and main author, I help readers discover solutions from science and philosophy on how to:
- increase their happiness and satisfaction,
- learn important skills to navigate to success, and
- find practical hacks to some of their most demanding problems.
The Happiness Blog is a resource site to read some of the best articles on human happiness, most of them based on science or philosophy. The project is also about sharing the authentic science of well-being and life satisfaction, via social media, blogs, lectures, and workshops.
My interests range from Positive Psychology, Science of Happiness & Well-being, Stoicism, and Life-hacks to a happier living. I try to read around 20 books a year. I have a deep interest in writing, innovation, and creativity.
I have been practicing as a general practitioner and family physician for more than a decade. I currently live in Delhi, India.
Besides practicing at my clinic, I also speak to the general audience on Happiness Science. I talk about how they can raise their happiness levels, and how it can have a huge impact on their personal and professional stories. I base my happiness-enhancing techniques on psychological research.
Motto: Let’s bring more happiness into our lives.
- Chief Medical Director at RamaKrishna Healthcare, a multi-clinic that serves a semi-urban population in Delhi, since 2001.
- Content Development Manager at Elsevier Clinical Specialties for a brief period in 2007. Worked on the initial phase of the ECAB (Elsevier Clinical Assessment Board) pilot project.
- Emergency Medical Officer at Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre (BHMRC), Delhi; Kailash Hospital, Noida; Prakash Hospital, Noida; Dharamshila Hospital, Delhi; at various times before 2001.
- Psychiatric Disorders in Pregnancy in the textbook Selected Topics in Obstetrics and Gynecology For Postgraduates and Practitioners, 2009.
- Critique of positive psychology and positive interventions in The Routledge International Handbook of Critical Positive Psychology, 2018.
Quoted As Credible Source:
• Quoted in the daily newspaper Deccan Chronicle:
• Also quoted in the daily newspaper The Asian Age in the article Correlation Between Food And Depression.
Social Media Links:
The Happiness Blog by Happiness India Project is your one-stop resource site on:
- Happiness science.
- Positive psychology.
- Philosophy of happiness
- Life-hacks to a happier living.
✶ Know More About Happiness India Project.