The Happiness Blog by Happiness India Project is your one-stop resource site on:
- Happiness science,
- Positive psychology,
- Philosophy of Stoicism,
- Life-hacks to a happier life.
We show you how to boost your happiness, build key skills to help you navigate your way to success and fulfillment, and find effective hacks to some of life’s most difficult problems. Our posts are informational and based on psychological and philosophical understanding.
- Happiness Myth: One popular happiness myth is that we need to wait for our happiness. We tend to misbelieve that we can only let ourselves be happy when we have achieved a goal. However, research suggests that happiness is a precursor to success.
- Happiness Truth: The people who are the happiest (and the healthiest) in the long run are those engaged in some degree of altruistic activity (acts that benefit others through our actions or tasks, without any intent of directly benefiting ourselves). According to science, lasting happiness can be found through compassion and service to others.
You’ll feel right at home here if you want happiness for your loved ones, but don’t know how to keep it around.
Hey, when you make a list of your loved ones, do you place yourself on that list?
Here’s our story:
What do we do?
We help people get happier!
Knowing Us: The Happiness Blog
The Happiness Blog is a resource site on happiness science, positive psychology, happiness philosophy, and life hacks for a happier, better life.
We help you learn about the science of happiness and well-being, develop skills for all-around success, and uncover innovative solutions to some of your most challenging issues.
The Happiness Blog is solely for the purpose of education and information. This website’s content is not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please contact a counselor or a doctor to help you resolve your medical and psychological issues.
Every post on our website has been thoroughly researched. Our psychology articles are backed by scientific data.
In writing our philosophy pieces, we use a similar, research-based approach. Take a look at these posts:
We write for you, in a way that you may grasp the ideas readily and explain them to others easily.
Knowing Us: Happiness India Project
The team behind The Happiness Blog is Happiness India Project (HIP).
Happiness India Project (HIP) is dedicated to promoting happiness and psychological well-being in daily life.
We help people get happier.
We believe that everyone has the ability to be happier and to make others happier in their lives. To that aim, we are committed to educating our readers on how to increase their happiness levels at home, work, and play.
Our big goal is to encourage you to find more joyful moments in your day and help others get happier. We want to inspire you to do more of what makes you happy without harming others, and to share your happiness-boosting habits with your friends, family, and community.
We combine time-honored wisdom on happiness with cutting-edge scientific evidence from positive psychology. We share our insights and ideas through social networks, community lectures, blogs, and newsletters.
Our project doesn’t finish until we make the world a strife-free, happier place.
What made us start The Happiness Blog?
Before we launched in 2014, we knew folks who were visibly successful but secretly unhappy.
The majority of them pursued happiness, and many found it, but nearly no one was able to sustain it in the long run. They had their desired happiness in their lives and in their relationships, but they could not seem to keep it.
We had been asking and engaging them on specifically these aspects of happiness for almost a year before our launch. We found they had no real clue why they felt so.
Two of their most thought-provoking questions were:
- Why can’t I hold on to my happiness, when I find it?
- Why do I need to be happy, when I am fine without it?
Did those questions lead us to find something vital?
Yes, we discovered the happiness myths that people carry around with them. When we sat down to look at the responses to the two questions above, we that most of them were, to put it mildly, looking for happiness in the wrong places.
- One, they weren’t happy themselves but were looking for joy for their loved ones.
- Two, they always thought that they’ll finally be happy when they had their next success.
- Three, they held that happiness is under complete control of heredity and circumstances.
These were some of the most popular happiness myths in which they were mired. You see, a lot of the wisdom that passes down through the ages turns out to be false.
Our first actions
So, we felt the need to create a community of people working together to attain sustainable happiness. And they could increase the happiness levels of their loved ones and their tribes as well.
We reached out to people who could ask us their happiness and fulfillment questions. We would then answer those through our easy-worded, jargon-free posts, drawn from innovative research.
Our basic premise has always been to get people to talk about what happiness means. (Of course, it means more than a smile and laughter.)
And we wanted to share practical ways to raise happiness levels with evidence from the science of positive psychology.
Positive psychology is a scientific effort to understand the nature of the happiness and well-being of human beings.
While earlier branches of psychology focused on mental illness, positive psychology focused on qualities that made “the good life.” Its primary focus, at least initially, has been on building the 5 principles of wellbeing — the PERMA (Positive Emotion, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, and Accomplishments).
How far have we come?
Since then, we have been steadily growing as a collective of authentic happiness-seekers from around the world. Join us, if you feel we match your bandwidth and what we’re doing is worthwhile.
We have received appreciation from some of the best authorities in the world. Our viral post on the best positive psychology quotes has reached more than two million people.
It’s now a book: 50 Greatest Positive Psychology Quotes—A Beautiful Photo Book!
Happiness is more than a smile.
• See The World As A Happier Place.
• Help people to reach higher levels of happiness. • Inspire our society to flourish and prosper. • Promote ways to fulfillment and wellbeing of the people.
Social psychology, positive psychology, applied psychology, education, research, Stoicism, Epicureanism, life hacks, office and workplace hacks, success, habits, and learning.
Hope, Love, Joy, Grit, Empathy, Gratitude, Optimism, Character Strengths, Introversion, Extroversion, Flourishing, and Mindfulness. And more traits of human nature that contribute to happiness.
Healthcare/Wellness. We have no religious, political, or sect-based affiliations and welcome people of all faiths, communities, and parts of society to join us.
Happiness India Project is operationally managed from Delhi, India, since June 2014. We have a worldwide online reach and are grateful to all those who support us.
About Our Founder: Dr. Sandip Roy
Dr. Sandip Roy is a board-certified medical doctor from the National Medical Commission, a psychology blogger, and a happiness-science speaker.
Dr. Roy’s interests range from Positive Psychology and Stoicism to Bionics and Cosmology. He reads around 20 books a year. He also has a deep interest in writing, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
He speaks on Happiness Science to the corporate, student, and general audience. He shares little-known secrets from science and philosophy on how one can raise their happiness levels, and how to bring positive changes to their personal and professional stories.
[Update: Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, Dr. Roy is on a break from public speaking.]
- Psychiatric Disorders in Pregnancy in the textbook Selected Topics in Obstetrics and Gynaecology For Postgraduates and Practitioners, 2009.
- Critique of Positive Psychology and Positive Interventions in The Routledge International Handbook of Critical Positive Psychology, 2018.
Dr. Sandip Roy works and lives in Delhi, India. His Big Five (OCEAN) Personality Score: I’m O95‐C94‐E15‐A50‐N27.
Dr. Sandip Roy
Founder, CE » The Happiness Blog
Medical Doctor by Profession | Passions: Writing, Space, Tech, SEO
Top 10 Most Loved Reads
- How To Refresh/Reboot Your Mind?
- 5 Habits/Rituals For Raising Happiness
- Psychological Safety For Happier Workplaces
- How To Build The Strongest Positive Mindset?
- Mindfulness For Beginners, In 7 Steps (Free e-book)
- What Did The Ancient Stoics Know About Happiness?
- 5 Dangers of Having Empathy You Didn’t Know About
- The Mystery of Self-Fulfilling Prophecy (SFP) Explained
- 13 Cognitive Biases: Reasons Behind Your Bad Decisions
- Resilience Quotes To Help You Bounce Back After Failures
To get in touch, go to our Contact Page.