Exercise And Happiness: 10 Quotes
- Research demonstrates that exercise may be the most reliable happiness booster of all activities. — Sonja Lyubomirsky
- Exercise increases the brain’s learning and memory capacities. People’s mood significantly increased after exercising. — John Ratey
- One of the most exciting changes that exercise causes is neurogenesis, creation of new neurons. — Mark McGovern
- In essence, not exercising is like taking a depressant. — Tal Ben-Shahar
- Exercise improves our health and can even prevent many diseases. Well-trained muscle produces an enzyme that purges the body of harmful substances. — Jorge Ruas
- Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body. — Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states. — Carol Welch
- Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. — Plato
- Typically, people who exercise, start eating better and becoming more productive at work. They smoke less and show more patience with colleagues and family. They use their credit cards less frequently and say they feel less stressed. Exercise is a keystone habit that triggers widespread change. — Charles Duhigg
- Exercise is really important to me – it’s therapeutic. So if I’m ever feeling tense or stressed or like I’m about to have a meltdown, I’ll… head to the gym or out on a bike ride along Lake Michigan with the girls. — Michelle Obama
Click the picture below to find out what is the science behind exercise and happiness (it’s a lot more than just endorphins):
√ A Courteous Call: If you enjoyed this, please share it on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn.
This post may contain affiliate links. Disclosure.