A list post is a article in a list format.
It lists a number of reasons, tips, methods, shortcuts, secrets, types, ways, trends.
Next to infographic, this is the most popular post format as per the number of social shares is concerned. According to that BuzzSumo article, the most popular posts had the following number of items: 10, 23, 16, and 24 (in this exact order).
They are also called Listicles!
A list-post on any blog is a fun project for three reasons:
- If you are blogging within a niche, then you just have to do a list-post sometime – as it is an extremely popular format with inbuilt bragging rights for showcasing the ‘abstracting’ skills of the author, coupled with the advantages of a quick ‘heads-up’ of the goings-on. That is, it is easily scannable to the roving eye.
- You get a pushover motivation from another blogger. As I got my first such motivation from Positive Psychology Quotes: The Wisdom of 5,000 People! by Seph Fontane Pennock – a fellow Positive Psychology blogger.
- And, of course, this kind of post can do a carpet-bombing style of outreach to those multitasking readers who are extremely busy with their schedules. I feel that for any one soul who arrives at this post but does not read one extra word beyond the list at the beginning of this article, it would be equally fine for all of us – the reader and the writer. The reader would have gathered his arrows, and the writer would be beaming to have got the crux across within the span of a blink-feed! World peace, indeed.
Some of our own list posts are:
- Mindfulness in 7 Steps
- 8 Steps To A Remarkably Satisfying Life
- 10 Secret Happiness Hacks For You!
- 25 Steps To Having A Happy Day
- 10 Unique Posts on Happiness 2015
- 10 Unique Posts on Happiness 2014
√ A Courteous Call: If You Enjoyed this, Please Share it on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn below.