How important is physical activity for wellbeing?
Though everyone knows that physical activities can improve your health and wellbeing, but when was the last time you implemented it? We all know physical activity is important, but do you know the reasons why it is important?
Yes, there are numbers of benefits offered by physical activities and exercising. Physical activities not only have long-term health benefits, but also offers one immediate benefits. A habit of regular exercise can not only improve your overall health, but also your overall life-satisfaction.
According to WHO, we all need a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise a day, 5 days a week, for optimal physical and mental health. If you find it difficult to set a habit of physical activity, then read our definitive guide: How To Make Exercise A Daily Habit — The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need.
Why Is Physical Activity Important
If you are physically active on a regular basis, then it offers you several benefits. Let’s look at some of the reasons why a daily habit of physical activity is of paramount importance for our wellbeing.
Improves Overall Appearance
Do you know daily physical activities and exercise help you to look better? You will become more toned and defined. However, here it should be considered your genetics and what you eat also play a main role in how you look. Sometimes, even when a person does regular physical exercise and eats healthy food, they do not manage to look great — but they look healthy. In the end, we can say exercising can improve your overall appearance, so make sure you get enough of it everyday.
Improves Immune System
A habit of regular exercise helps you stay healthy by giving your immune system a boost and reducing the risk of the illnesses. Staying healthy makes you have a better life, not just physically but as well as emotionally. Exercising improves the circulation of our infection-fighting white blood cells, and that keeps us better protected against the bacteria and viruses. Many studies have shown exercising can cut down the colds you get from time to time.
Speeds Up Recovery From Injury
Along with choosing a good lifestyle, a 30-minute daily exercise routine will speed up your recovery from any injuries. Physical activity helps muscle tissue growth while reducing inflammation. Remember to consult your doctor for taking suggestions about the exercises that can strengthen and stretch your injured area.
Builds Up Heart’s Endurance Power
Adopting a good lifestyle helps you reduce the risk of heart attack and other heart diseases. It strengthens the heart’s pumping capacity. You can adopt normal workout sessions in your daily routine to live a healthier life. No matter what type of physical activity you choose, you need to do it regularly to see better results in your wellbeing.
Works As Natural Mood Lifter
Exercising is a great way to relieve stress, anger, anxiety, and depression. You feel good sensations when you involve yourself in physical activity. It brings you peace and calmness to your mind. You can say, it is a happy pill without any side effects. Many people observe a sudden lift in their mood as they get involved in physical activities. A brisk walk, gym or yoga session can stimulate various brain chemicals that will make you feel less anxious, more relaxed, and happier.
Keeps You Physically Fit And Able
With age, your body loses stamina, strength, and the ability to perform even simple daily activities. Did you know after the age of 30, you start losing around 3% to 5% of your muscles per decade? However, with regular physical exercise, you can retain and even increase your muscle strength and boost your stamina. Exercising is extremely beneficial for people of all ages, whether teenagers or adults. Physical activity promotes a longer and healthier life.
By the way, do you know why exercise make you happier?
Here’s a list of 20 benefits you get from being physically active:
- It reduces the risk of heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases.
- It helps in managing the weight of an individual in a better way.
- It helps in having a lower blood cholesterol level and lower blood pressure.
- It lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes and some kind of cancer disease.
- It improves the immune system of an individual.
- It helps you in quitting smoking and go tobacco-free.
- It makes bones, muscles and joints stronger.
- It lowers the risk of developing osteoporosis and the risk of falls.
- It strengthens your willpower.
- It makes you feel better throughout the day, giving you an extra rush of energy.
- Several studies have proven exercise helps in reducing stress and depression.
- Physical activity helps in blocking the negative thoughts as well as distracting you from the daily worries, making you become more positive towards your life.
- Physical activity lifts your mood.
- It also improves your sleep pattern. It provides an opportunity for increased social contact.
- It also changes the chemicals in your brains such as stress hormones, serotonin, and endorphins, and help you having a healthier state of mind.
- It makes you happier than before. You will feel good and you will always stay positive.
- It improves self-confidence and promotes a positive attitude.
- It helps you to manage stress, anxiety, and panic attacks.
- Exercising can be a fun way to spend time with your friends and family.
- It lowers your blood pressure and balances the level of cholesterol.
Therefore, to maintain health and reduced the risk of health problems, make sure you exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Involve yourself as much as you can in physical activities. Doing any physical activity is better than doing nothing. If you are currently not involved in any of the physical activities, then make sure that you participate in physical activities more to get above-written benefits of involving in physical activities.
• • •
Author Bio: Vaibhav Sharma is a digital marketing expert by day and a writer by night. He is a project manager at TrueScoopNews who specializes in ghost blogging, article and copywriting. He loves to write technical how-to’s and tutorials as long as there is a bit of information technology.
√ If You enjoyed this, please share it on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn below.