We accept high-quality contributions from writers and authors.
If you’re interested in submitting a contribution to Happiness India Project©, find the guidelines below. Please read and follow them carefully.
Our core topics, around which we construct our posts are: Psychology, Neuroscience, Positive Psychology and Happiness, and Mind Hacks such as Productivity.
- Send us a pitch for your post around our core topics suggesting 3 or more titles with 2-3 lines’ synopsis each. We love original ideas. Tell us what new ideas you’re thinking.
- Please send us links to a few articles you wrote elsewhere, so that we can form an opinion about the quality of your work.
- Be original. We accept only original posts. Please make sure your work hasn’t appeared elsewhere.
- Be honest. Don’t present us with plagiarized or spinned articles. We always check them for plagiarism before publishing. We expect you to add to our reputation for publishing high-quality articles.
- Keep your post around 1200 words or longer, excluding your bio. We expect only great English, please. Keep a conversational tone. Let first-person references be at minimum. Write in blog style, with short paragraphs. Don’t be boring. Push yourself to tell us something new. Blog readers tend to expect articles that can be easily skimmed, so find out what does skimmable content look like?
- No promotional links may be included anywhere in the article itself. This means links to the products or services you sell, your company’s or your client’s site, or your affiliate links.
- Please include links that will be helpful and relevant for the reader. Provide links to the facts and studies you’re quoting in your work. We expect high quality resources to draw your information from (for example, scientific papers and news sites are great).
- Your short bio of 2-4 sentences could include 3 links (1 to your website and 2 to your social media accounts, as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+).
- We reserve the right to edit submissions for content, clarity, length and audience. We own rights to all content once it’s published, but we encourage you to summarize and link to the post on your blog. And we just love it when you share the link with others wherever you hang out – online or offline.
- Currently, we’re not accepting any guest posts with links to “online education” or “essay writing” services.
To submit your proposal, email us with “HIP Pitch” as subject line to:
HappinessProjectIndia [at] gmail.com
contact [at] HappyProject.in
We will contact you within two weeks if we like it, and ask you for a full draft at that time.
Once we publish your article, we work hard to share it far and wide across the net. Any contribution post we feature on our Facebook page can reach up to 30k people and fetch up to 300 shares. Not bad exposure, right?
So, we expect the same from you, that you too take an equally enthusiastic interest to spread it through your online and offline networks. It helps increase the visibility for you as well as us.
We also promote your posts in our newsletters too, though occasionally, which goes out to thousands of Happy Tribers.
By the way, we’re the #1 Happiness Science Blog of India, and the creator of the world’s most popular Positive Psychology Quotes post on the internet.
Looking forward to read your awesome pitch.
Founder & CE » Happiness India Project
Find me on » LinkedIn