We accept guest posts.
If you’re interested in submitting a guest contribution to Happiness India Project©, find the guidelines below. Please read and follow them carefully.
Our core topics, around which we construct our posts are: Psychology, Positive Psychology, and Mind Hacks such as Productivity.
- Send us a pitch for your post around our core topics suggesting 3 or more titles with 2-4 lines’ synopsis each. We love original ideas. Tell us what new ideas you’re thinking.
- You might also send us links to a few articles you wrote elsewhere, so that we can form an opinion about the quality of your work.
- We accept only original posts. Please make sure your work hasn’t appeared elsewhere.
- Don’t present us with plagiarized or spinned articles. We always check them for plagiarism before publishing.
- Keep your post around 1500 words or longer, excluding your bio. We expect only great English, please. Keep a conversational tone. Let first-person references at minimum. Write in blog style, with short paragraphs. Don’t be boring. Push yourself to tell us something new. Blog readers tend to expect articles that can be easily skimmed, so find out what does skimmable content look like?
- No promotional links may be included anywhere in the article itself. This means links to the products or services you sell, your company’s or your client’s site, or your affiliate links.
- Please include links that will be helpful and relevant for the reader. Provide links to the facts and studies you’re quoting in your work. We expect high quality resources to draw your information from (for example, scientific papers and news sites are great).
- Your short bio of 2-4 sentences could include 3 links (1 to your website and 2 to your social media accounts).
- We reserve the right to edit submissions for content, clarity, length and audience. We own the rights to all content once it’s published, but we encourage you to summarize and link to the post on your blog. And we’re just loving it when you share the link, and are beaming when you share it on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or wherever you hang out online or offline.
- Currently, we’re not accepting any guest posts with links to “online education” or “essay writing” services.
To submit your article proposal, please send us an email with “Guest Post Pitch” as the subject line to:
HappinessProjectIndia [at] gmail [dot] com
Contact [at] HappyProject [dot] in
We will contact you within two weeks if we are interested, and will ask you for a full draft at that time.
Once published, we work hard to share your work across the net, which helps increase visibility for both of us. We often promote your posts in our newsletters and social networks, which goes out to tens of thousands of Happy Tribers. A guest post we choose to feature on our Facebook page typically reaches 30k people. Not bad exposure, right?
Looking forward to hear your awesome pitch!
Sandip Roy for Happiness India Project
Find me on » LinkedIn